Pages

Monday 30 September 2019

What would you say about this? (Written in 2018)

Last August (2017), I vacated a rental house in Muranga as I headed down Pwani for another "Tour of Service". April, this year, I made a comeback and got another rental house in a different location of Muranga town but owned by the same former landlord. A wonderful couple. Yesterday morning, as I was walking past the old place, a former neighbor saw me and invited me for a cuppa tea and told me "Nyumba yako iko vacant!" Spotting the landlady from the balcony, I asked her about it and told her I want it back. She responds, "Mimi sina problem, pigia rafiki yako just in case someone has booked it" So after a chat with "rafiki yangu", same day, niko ndani-jana tu. A nice serene cool place, where, if you remember, I even had a monkey watching me keenly through the window as I worked on the computer keypad and a bird once decided to come in and sit watching me silently. One more thing. I had left behind a ka-small curtain, those that cover the glass part of the door. Apparently, the two subsequent tenants (I am told they have been two during my absence) decided it was good enough serving them. They also left it intact. So I have been reunited with my ka-curtain. The humor angle cannot be lacking in the life of Yours Truly.. Today, Sunday, I was to preach in Thika but my fren, in the morning, I could not locate the "gunia or carton" containing my shoes, (Na ni mingi kama zike za Imelda Marcos 👞👞), neither the iron box and most of my apparels were looking like they made part of my pillow last night or the cow decided to try chewing them. But all is well that ends well. Made it to Gospel Assembly Church Thika (albeit slightly late and dressed in strange gear for a preacher-man) and shared a message "Ministry: What is it and how does it affect you?" God is good and everything give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment