Pages

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Reflections of a Christian..…..

When I belonged to the world, there were times when I felt the urge to have a “swallow”. On some occasions, I would move from one joint to another (sometimes estate to estate and occasionally town to town!) looking for company to help me “demolish” my wallet. It was of course very possible to take a table or bar stool and proceed to cause the financial (and other) damage when entirely alone. But the unholy spirit that reigns among imbibers is that “it doesn't go down well when taken while alone”.
(Luke 15:13 Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living).
This got me thinking! How many times since I became part of the Kingdom have I PURPOSELY gone out of my way to look for somebody to “help” me enjoy (this time not demolish) the blessings God has bestowed on me freely!
If when I belonged to the world I could go looking for undeserving people to help me in destroying/annihilating my loot, how much more should I now as a born again Christian actively go out and search for brethren who are in need and bless them just like God has blessed me!
Father, make me a giver I pray.
(Gal 6:9-10 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith).

No comments:

Post a Comment