Pages

Sunday 20 July 2014

Where Can we get peace?

Lamu attacks and murders, Isreali-Gaza conflict, Iraq in turmoil, Egypt in crises, Syria bleeding, Boko Haram in Nigeria, AlQuida everywhere, Al Shabaab in Somali and elsewhere, Separatists in Ukraine who can bring down a jetliner with sophisticated war machinery, endless domestic violence. The list is endless......


Where can we get peace?


Matthew 5:9  “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.


Matthew 11:28-30  Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”


John 14:27  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.


John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”


John 20:19  On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being locked where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them,  “Peace be with you.”


PRAYER:


Philippians 4:6-7  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.



"God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing."  -  C.S. Lewis


"I have to get to the point of the absolute and unquestionable relationship that takes everything exactly as it comes from Him. God never guides us at some time in the future, but always here and now. Realize that the Lord is here now, and the freedom you receive is immediate."  -  Oswald Chambers


"Blessed are the single-hearted, for they shall enjoy much peace… If you refuse to be hurried and pressed, if you stay your soul on God, nothing can keep you from that clearness of spirit which is life and peace. In that stillness you know what His will is."  -  Amy Carmichael


Romans 5:1 - Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.


Isaiah 2:4 - And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment